Monday, April 16, 2012

Apricot Thumbprint Cookies ^^


I had an inkling for something sweet after dinner and decided to whip up a couple batches of these:




These cookies are easy to make and have just the right amount of springtime flavor!
Here's what to do:

1C Butter (Softened)
1/2C Casting Sugar (Bakers Sugar)
1Tsp Almond Extract
2C All Purpose Flour
1/2Tsp Salt
6Tbs Apricot Preserves/Jam
*optional* 1/4C plus 3Tbs sesame seeds

Dough/ Without Jam/With Jam/Out of the Oven

Preheat your oven to 400. In large bowl cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
Beat in the extract. Combine flour and salt in a smaller bowl. Gradually add to the creamed
mixture. Mix well. (The dough will be slightly crumbly)
Roll into 1-inch balls. If you choose to add sesame seeds you may then roll in
the seeds.
Place 2 inches apart on an ungreased cookie sheet.
Make an indentation in the center of each ball. (I like to use the rounded side of Tsp size measuring spoon)
Fill with the jam. (Feel free to substitute apricot for strawberry, raspberry ect.)
Bake for 10 minutes or until lightly golden. Remove to wire rack to cool.

And of course ENJOY! ^^

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a link to your blog in your comment and I will be sure to show you some blog love as well!

Little Hyuts is an award free zone!
BIG thanks to everyone who has nominated and awarded me in the past, but I just don't have the time to pass them on to other deserving bloggers.