Here's what you do:
4 Eggs
1C Milk
1Tsp Sugar
Dash of Salt
6 Pieces Texas Toast
Powdered Sugar to garnish
Butter (for pan)
- In a pie plate or other flat dish, break open eggs and beat lightly. Whisk together with milk, sugar and salt.
- Warm skillet coated with butter on medium heat.
- Place pieces of bread in pie plate one at a time, letting each side soak up egg mixture for a couple of seconds. Only soak as many as you will be able to cook in your skillet.
- Sprinkle both sides of the bread with cinnamon after it soaks.
- Cook in skillet for about 1-2 mins. for each side. The bread should be slightly crisp and a nice golden brown.
- Garnish with powdered sugar and ENJOY!
I sometimes like to make a fruit compote to go on top of the French Toast. Usually I eat it with just syrup and butter. YUM!


I love French toast and the recipes I've found are always to confusing so THANK YOU!
ReplyDeleteBreakfast tomorrow is going to be amazing!!
-martha:D
I am so glad I could help :]
DeleteThanks for you comments!
Hope you enjoy your breakfast!
I use the pie pan, too. It seems to be the best thing- not scrunching up the bread in a bowl. I'll have to try using Texas Toast Bread. We sometimes go to this breakfast place and they have banana bread french toast. I've always been meaning to try that, but we never seem to have any leftover banana bread. It's always gone by the next morning.
ReplyDeleteMy kids love stuffed french toast. As simple as spreading Nutella or cream cheese and some kind of preserves in between two slices of bread. Kind of sealing the edges of the bread.