Friday, July 20, 2012

Guest Post with Author Kea Noli

 I would like to welcome Kea Noli to my blog!
Author of the YA novel, Pearl Lover



A French heiress coming-of-age novel:

Although Nixie Veidt loves a Russian danseur, she marries a bureaucrat to save her inheritance from a domineering mother. If she is unfaithful, her mother, a wealthy socialite, will become guardian. 
When Nixie hires the danseur for her ballet company, her mother hires a private detective and spies on her daughter.
Pearl Lover is a debutante's conflicting love for two men, and the struggling rebirth of Ballets Russes, a ballet company.






Is it moral to love two men?
Be prepared for an unconventional ending!

~GUEST POST~
Kea Noli is here to give us a behind the scenes look into her life as an author.

I am Australian by birth but American by choice.  Pearl Lover reveals a lot about me.  Nixie Veidt (MC) is based on me, an heiress, rebellious, ran away from home when she was in her teens with a fortune, (mine was smaller) following her bliss and giving her money to the man she loves (I'm doing the same today).  She will do anything for him because she is a romantic. The ballet part is fictitious, but the character is very real.
When I was a designer in the building industry, I was frustrated because of the bureaucracy, permits, licenses, and inspections.  I quit my job, and said: “to hell with all that;” and I started writing.
After about 4 years of shredding manuscripts, I finally knew what I wanted to write. Seven months later, Nixie Veidt and her wild tale became my novel, Pearl Lover. However, this was not with out determination and facing some challenges along the way. The greatest challenge I came across while writing was implementing drama into every scene. 

With this book I wanted to challenge the status quo on the traditional ideas of jealousy. I’d had enough of romances with hysterical females venting negative emotions.  

The most prominent inspiration behind my work was the famous Rudolph Nureyev, and the Ballets Russes.  Kolya Kosov is modeled after Nureyev. The Ballets Russes (Ballets Russia) was a 20th Century Company.  Most of the ballets produced in the west can be traced back to the Company’s influence.  Pearl Lover is a contemporary story backed by the rebirth of Ballets Russes.

I am also inspired by Ayn Rand's, Atlas Shrugged, which has become my favorite book of all time. After I read it I ran away from home. 

To all the aspiring writers out there, I would like to say this: If you do not know the answer to a problem, look beyond yourself.  Do not think that there is something wrong with you, just because you cannot work it out.  Find the answer. I found that comment in Fiction Writing by Ayn Rand and it couldn't be any more true.
Seriously, I have been writing for about 5 years, living frugally, on breadcrumbs, so to speak, but I have one purpose—to succeed as a writer—that means to write.
I hope you enjoyed getting a little peak into my life. I always love receiving emails from readers, so don't be shy to write me one!
I am also looking for bloggers and book reviewers who would be willing to review and post about Pearl Lover. If you are interested, please do get in touch. My email is authorkeanoli@yahoo.com.

Kea Noli is an Aussie from Sydney living in the US.
Pearl Lover' is her debut novel, published July 2012.
To find out more about the author and read sample chapters of her work,
Please visit her at: Website / Goodreads 
Pearl Lover is now available for purchase from Amazon

1 comment:

  1. Wow, this is a great guest post. I love learning about how authors come up with their books. Thanks for sharing your story with us, Kea!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a link to your blog in your comment and I will be sure to show you some blog love as well!

Little Hyuts is an award free zone!
BIG thanks to everyone who has nominated and awarded me in the past, but I just don't have the time to pass them on to other deserving bloggers.