Sunday, July 29, 2012

Short Story Sunday #3 Part of Adult Fiction Week



Short Story Sunday is dedicated to showcasing 
short works of fiction, short story compilations and epic poetry narratives. 
This Sunday I am pleased to be featuring an eloquently written
Short Story Compilation.



Demons of Fire and Water By Elly Rose

Elly Rose is the author of many intriguing short stories, including The Bridge and Colors,
which are part of her compilation: Demons of Fire and Water. 
Elly Rose published her compilation in April 2012.

A demon is one that cannot live in full harmony inside society.
A demon is one that cannot be like others.
A demon is a madman or a saint.
A demon can ignore its diversity and in doing so it's nature becomes multiform like water.
A demon can also fight its diversity and turn into an immense force, devouring itself and others.
These stories speak of demons and of their uniqueness.


Elly has produced a wonderful assortment of short stories that are eloquently written. She is sure to be an up and coming indie author. I loved the meaning in her words and how unique each story is. You can tell she has a knack for passionate writing. This opening to her short, The Road, really caught my attention.
"Every road takes you somewhere. Those who don’t have great expectations will walk just half the way, those who demand the most can walk ’till the end. I’d like to find a path that never ends, I’d like to go on and on, only this." 
The stories are detailed and have a way of pulling you in. They are both dark and light in their meaning which is something I really enjoyed. Each story speaks of a demon of sorts, all though each demon is different. The reader really has to think while devouring each of these stories.  These stories are definitely meant for advanced young adult or adult readers. Her thoughts and definition of the demons in life is one I am sure readers will find captivating. I would highly suggest giving Elly's compliation a try.



Demons of Fire and Water is available from Amazon
Visit the author on her Blog / Goodreads




Demons of Fire and Water is part of Adult Fiction Week here at Little Hyuts.
Adult Fiction Week is a bi-monthly meme that I will be hosting.
It is dedicated to showcase adult works of fiction and non-fiction in all genres.



1 comment:

  1. I like the opening of The Road too - very nice. Thanks for sharing!

    Btw, I nominated you for the Liebster Blog Award! Check out my post here: http://pidginpeasbooknook.blogspot.com/2012/07/liebster-blog-award.html

    Love your blog! :)

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a link to your blog in your comment and I will be sure to show you some blog love as well!

Little Hyuts is an award free zone!
BIG thanks to everyone who has nominated and awarded me in the past, but I just don't have the time to pass them on to other deserving bloggers.