Monday, April 30, 2012

After Midnight Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies

Well I can't sleep... to the kitchen I go!! I am making the trip to visit my grandma tomorrow and thought it would be nice for her to have some homemade treats! My friend, Astrid (author of The Mosswoods) sent me this recipe she tried out the other day. They are great! I really do prefer chocolate chips in oatmeal cookies rather than raisins, but you can do either! ENJOY ^^



HERE'S WHAT YOU DO:
Yield = 3 dozen



3/4 cup (170 grams) unsalted butter, room temperature (I used salted)
1 cup (210 grams) packed light brown sugar
1 large egg
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
3/4 cup (105 grams) all purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
3 cups (260 grams) old-fashioned rolled oats (I used only 21/2)
1 cup dried cranberries, cherries, or raisins or 1 cup white or dark chocolate chips

1. In large bowl, beat the butter and sugar until creamy and smooth (about 2 - 3 minutes). 
2. Add the egg and vanilla extract and beat to combine. 
3. In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, salt, and ground cinnamon. Add the flour mixture to the creamed mixture and beat until incorporated. 
4. Stir in the oats, and chocolate chips (or addition of your choice).
5. Space the cookies about 2 inches apart on the baking sheet. (about a tbsp full)
6. Then wet your hand and flatten the cookies slightly with your fingers so they are about 1/2 inch (1.25 cm) thick. 
7. Bake the cookies for about 12 - 15 minutes or until light golden brown around the edges but still soft and a little wet in the centers.
8. Remove from oven and let the cookies cool a few minutes on the baking sheet before transferring them to a wire rack to cool.
** I also added 1/4 tsp nutmeg to the mix for a little added flavor **

1 comment:

  1. These look so good! I prefer chocolate chips over raisins as well.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a link to your blog in your comment and I will be sure to show you some blog love as well!

Little Hyuts is an award free zone!
BIG thanks to everyone who has nominated and awarded me in the past, but I just don't have the time to pass them on to other deserving bloggers.