DREAMING DANGEROUSLY by Kathleen Harsch
Book #1 in the Children of the Psi Series
What if you could HEAR thoughts?
Reason #1: He pushes his thoughts at her, whether she wants to hear them or not.
Reason #2: His sexy, vindictive ex-girlfriend.
Reason #3: His dimples are absolutely, 100% distracting.
To her surprise, Cassie feels drawn to Will's electromagnetic vibes. Yet, as she falls for him, she discovers their relationship has some serious side effects. She begins to have dreams about the future - dreams that come true in horrifying ways. Cassie needs to learn to trust Will, or she won't be able to prevent the tragedy she sees coming.
Please visit the author Kathleen Harsch on her Goodreads page, (HERE)
Also, don't forget to check out and follow her blog, Kathleen Suzette Harsch!
And while your at it take a look at the Dreaming Dangerously trailor!
I have given this book a well deserved four stars!
There are many young adult novels based on psychic ability however, none that seemed to fit so well into that theme as Dreaming Dangerously does. It is a difficult topic to write on and is often a hit or miss kind of thing. This book was a definite hit!
The author does a wonderful job of incorporating her characters abilities into the story. They flow and grow along with the characters making for a realistic portrayal of what life would be like for a Psi child.
Kathleen Harsch has a unique perception of this particular psychic ability and does a great job explaining it's inner workings. Not only do you know her characters can use psychic powers but you get to understand how they can expand on them and the different ways they use them.
The reader gets an excellent look into teenage life as well. The frustrations and trust issues that face the main character Cassie, are spot on.
You get to experience the joys of falling in love and being a teenager and the pain that goes right along with it. I would enjoy reading about Cassie's day to day life in school and home even if she wasn't gifted with her psychic ability.
The characters in this book are easily relatable, which is something that I loved about it. It is so much easier to take a journey through a book when you can connect with the characters you are following.
Both Will and Cassie have known loss and have had to overcome obstacles while growing up. Their background stories really add to their personalities and the reader's understanding of them.
Cassie is a strong girl who is not afraid to do what is right. She makes for a good role model!
I am so glad that her relationship is not the typical dependent one often portrayed in young adult books. Will is there to support her not be her knight in shining armor.
The world of dreams is something that has always intrigued me as well. It is unique subject matter for a book and originally what drew my attention towards this novel. I think the author does a good job of implementing the use of dreams into the plot. Each dream is like a bit of foreshadowing except you don't know which part of it will come true.
This was the perfect book to get comfy on the couch with and I read it in one sitting. I am looking forward to reading the upcoming installments in this series! The ending definitely leaves you wanting the sequel!
I would gladly recommend Dreaming Dangerously for anyone looking for a sci-fi read that is light and fun and full of surprises!
Dreaming Dangerously is available for purchase through Amazon in Kindle format




hi Just started following your blog Really like it. Please take a minute to check mine out
ReplyDeletehttp://broad-mindedbooks.blogspot.com/
Thank you so much!
DeleteI followed you back!
The book Cleopatra Confesses really caught my eye.
I think I will have to give it a read!
Hey
ReplyDeleteYou have a nice blog over here. :)
New follower from book blogs. Please check out my blog and follow it if you liked it.
Read that also
I followed you back!
DeleteThanks so much for stopping by :]
I really appreciate it!
Your blog is adorable! Thanks for stopping by my blog, earlier. :) I just followed you. :)
ReplyDeleteHi, great blog! I found you over on Bookblogs and followed. I would love it if you could check out my blog!!
ReplyDeletehttp://readingunderthewillowtree.blogspot.co.uk/
Thanks, Kate
Followed you back!
DeleteYour blog is so pretty!
Jill,
ReplyDeleteThis is so awesome! Thank you for your review. Everything you mentioned is exactly what I was going for with this book. I wanted to write a page turner, and that's exactly how you described it. My mother-in-law read it in one sitting, too. I've had students who have read it three or four times! Make sure you copy and post this to Amazon and Barnes and Noble. I need reviews there too.
I'm tweeting your blog tonight as much as possible. Starting now.
LOL
Kathie Harsch
So glad you liked my review! :]
DeleteThanks for re-tweeting me!