Monday, August 13, 2012

Reel Horror Review


Written and Published by Ernie Garrett 
Digital Format - June 30, 2012

"A fantasy/comedy/horror novella in the vein of Ghostbusters, Back to the Future, or Weird Science." 

Rich Giesecke is a 20-something movie fan from Jersey who gets into an argument with a mysterious Usher, and finds himself trapped in a cheesy zombie film sequel, where the damage done to him is real. The only way to escape is to figure out the plot (with help from his friends in the theater) and complete the film.






~ MY REVIEW ~

Reel Horror is a fun and satirical read! Personally, I love horror films, even the cheesy ones. Like other horror buffs I find myself 'oooing and ahhhing' at lame catch phrases and over the top, small budget effects. This book had me laughing and even poking fun at myself. So, what would happen if you got trapped in a zombie flick? Reel Horror will answer that! The premise of this book was unique and entertaining. It is a quick read, but you can tell the author really put his time into the creation of this story. It is well written and moves along at a great pace. The characters are real and relatable. I especially liked Sandra's character -- she reminded me of myself on occasion. 
On a side note: The fact that Rich wears Sketchers, really stuck in my head!
Once Rich was dropped into Teen Eating Zombie Machine, I really got into the story. It was fun to see how Rich made the plot progress and what was in store next for the cast of the movie. In fact, I could see myself watching Teen Eating Zombie Machine III. I'm just not sure if I'd want to be in it. I was also pleased with Rich's new found attitude towards the end.
The ending left you with the hopes of a sequel. Perhaps there is another horror movie waiting for the perfect addition to it's cast?
This story has some gore and lightly classified adult situations but is definitely fit for young adult readers. If you are a horror fan, or just a fan of unusual story lines, you will definitely appreciate Reel Horror! 


Don't forget to check out the author's FB page: Reel Horror
Reel Horror is available on Amazon for only .99cents!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a link to your blog in your comment and I will be sure to show you some blog love as well!

Little Hyuts is an award free zone!
BIG thanks to everyone who has nominated and awarded me in the past, but I just don't have the time to pass them on to other deserving bloggers.