The Magical World of Sebella – The Magic Castle
By Thea Berg
Children’s Fiction (age 7 - 10)
Sebella, a witch, lives in a house once owned by an infamous magician, where strange things often happen.
While playing the game of Spooks, Sebella’s bratty cousin Prudence accidently knocks over a gargoyle statue, and it magically comes to life!
The gargoyle’s red eyes torpedo into the fireplace revealing a secret opening. Out of the statue’s mouth flow these words…
The All-Powerful Magician needs your HELP! He requests your services to SAVE the Castle! Succeed and win the Grand Prize.
To save the Castle, so children can visit again, Sebella, Prudence, her friend Kendall, along with Sebella’s little brother Drac must first: Capture the Shadows, tame the unruly dragons, and vanquish the Villainous Mentalist.
Can they save the Magic Castle? Will they win the Grand Prize? And
who is the All-Powerful Magician requesting their help?
Even though Thea Berg was born to “human” parents,
she always knew she was part of the magical
world. Having
grown up in a small town without much
to do, her imagination ran wild, and tales of bewitching adventures filling her head. Thea currently lives in the enchanted land of Los
Angeles, CA. The Magical World of Sebella
is her first children’s book.
Snag your own copy of The Magic Castle on:
Welcome Thea! Can you tell us your main inspiration behind this novel?
When I was young I liked the book, The Worst Witch and never missed an episode of the TV show Bewitched. I always wanted to write a children’s story/series about a witch and her magical adventures. My goal is to open kids imagination and get them excited about reading.
Was self-publishing your first choice?
Yes. I’m a little bit of a rebel. I have a marketing and sales background in the music business, which I feel is similar to the book world. I knew I could do a lot of this myself, which I hear you have to do these days even if you get a publishing deal.
What was the most nerve wracking part of the process?
I was never nervous about writing, marketing or selling but it was nerve wracking hiring editors, an illustrator and web designer. Even though I have done these tasks for musical artists at my previous jobs doing this for my own project was a bit overwhelming and scary.
As a self-published author, did you choose to edit your novel yourself?
What was the biggest change you made to the story and/or characters? I hired a development editor who really helped me develop the story and characters. I could have never published my book without their help. Having dyslexia I then hired a copy editor, which is a must.
Do you have any unusual writing habits that aide your process and/or character development?
I don’t have any unusual writing habits. I just sit in front of my computer and put my fingers on the keys until words start to form. Sometimes it only takes a few minutes and others times it takes days. I do keep notepads on tables, in purse, in car, etc. If I hear a great story, a cute name, a funny line or an unusual word, I write it down. No one is safe around me anything you say or do may end up in a story.
Is there one passage or scene from your novel that you are most fond of?
I ‘m fond of my chapter about the magic show. I like the fact that Gaynor the Great messes up all his tricks up. I love magic and was thrilled when the world famous Magic Castle in Hollywood, CA picked up my book and is featuring it as one of their main children’s books in their gift store.
~ Giveaway ~
Enter using the Rafflecopter below.
Giveaway is US ONLY.
Only valid entries will apply.


No comments:
Post a Comment
Please leave a link to your blog in your comment and I will be sure to show you some blog love as well!
Little Hyuts is an award free zone!
BIG thanks to everyone who has nominated and awarded me in the past, but I just don't have the time to pass them on to other deserving bloggers.