Sunday, May 13, 2012

Candid: True Images #1



Life is simple for high school senior, Sienna Whitfield. With a few good friends, a camera, and a dream, she has everything she needs to be happy. But when Jordan Rubio, the most popular girl at Haskins High, makes her mad, she decides to use the power of photography to right a few social wrongs. As if that doesn’t cause enough drama in her life, she realizes she’s falling for the new guy, Lee Franklin. Strong and protective, he’s just what she needs to survive the craziness she’s stirred up at school. If only she didn’t have to keep her feelings for Lee a secret from her mom…


Michelle Pennington is the author of  Aglow and now Candid, the first in her new True Images series!
This book is currently available on Amazon for the Kindle. You can purchase your copy at Amazon.com for only $2.99. The paperback is in the works and will be available soon!



What I Thought:

I must say, Candid was a wonderful book and I gladly give it five stars!
It was so nice and refreshing to read a book backed by true morals.
At first I wanted to read this because the main character loved photography. This book turned out to be so much more than just a romance and high school drama.
This story shows that life as a young adult is not all about popularity and how many people you date.
This story captured real life in such a brilliant way. I was all smiles as I watched Lee and Sienna's relationship bloom.
From the very start I was taken back to my days in high school.
Michelle's has a great writing style and is clearly well versed in the problems teens face as they are becoming adults.
I really connected with Sienna's character. Her passion for photography and trying to make other's lives better, even if it is in a small way, hit close to home.
Sienna was passionate, determined, sweet and fiery all at the same time.
I loved seeing her relationship with her mother change and grow as well. The bond between mother and daughter is an important one. Candid touched on that in such a great way. Moms looking for a wholesome read for their young daughters are sure to love this book!
I highly recommend this book for all teens and adults too!
I look forward to the next in the True Images series, Focused, which is due out sometime this Fall.

If you'd like to know more about the author and get news regarding the upcoming sequel please visit Michelle's blog at Novels and Novelties.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds pretty intriguing, I'm gonna have to check it out! :) Nice review, too, by the way! :)

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a link to your blog in your comment and I will be sure to show you some blog love as well!

Little Hyuts is an award free zone!
BIG thanks to everyone who has nominated and awarded me in the past, but I just don't have the time to pass them on to other deserving bloggers.