Thursday, December 25, 2014

Top Ten of 2014: Best Book Boyfriends of 2014

Day 4 of the Top 10 of 2014 Event! Hosted by Two Chicks On Books

Merry Christmas all you bookish people! I hope everyone enjoys their holiday.
Today's list is all about book boyfriends. It's what we really want for Christmas anyways, right? ^^ However... I really don't have ten from this year. So, Top 5 will have to do. Yup. Here we go...

#1  Zsadist from The Black Dagger Brotherhood Series: Lover Awakened

This series is my guilty pleasure read. I have honestly never picked up another steamy romance novel in my life. But, oh man. Once you get into J.R. Ward's world of gorgeous vampire warriors and super swoony romances, this becomes an instant binge reading series. Out of all the brothers, Zsadist is my favorite. He is dark and dangerous, full of past demons and in a constant battle to accept himself. When he finds his mate in Lover Awakened, you get to experience his loyal and passionate side. The perfect vampire partner, if I was to ever have one. That is what makes him my top pick for book boyfriends this year.



#2 Gabe from A Little Something Different By Sandy Hall

Gabe! What to say about him. I LOVED his character. Even compared a handful of guys I know to him, and let's just say they fell short. Gabe is the right amount of awkward/shy for me. He is one of the most realistic male characters I've read about this year. Plus he's clearly not perfect and is working on himself. I find that to be an admirable characteristic. I'm just not into those, "Hey look at me, I don't have to work on anything," types. So, yea. Move over Lea. You may have been a match for him in the book, but if he exists out here in the real world... MINE. 




#3 Four from Four (tehe) By Veronica Roth

How could I not throw Four on this list. He is a long standing book crush. Just brimming with awesome, but also makes me irritated... ALOT. And yea, he's dauntless. I like that. Four's got that whole overcoming the daddy issues thing on his side too. I enjoyed reading this collection more than Allegiant. Four was always my favorite character from the Divergent series, and you get to know him a lot more through these stories, than you did in the books. And I'm sure many of you agree, jumping off trains with him is a YES. No, there is no hidden meaning in that, geez. Ohhhh anddd... I can totally get behind Theo James as Four in the movie. *Points* Look at that face! 

#4 Cass from Anna Dressed in Blood By Kendare Blake

Fights ghosts, falls in love with one, is totally the coolest. Definitely doesn't judge a girl... Will go to hell and back for love. Enough said. <3






#5 Rowan from Trial By Fire By Josephine Angelini

Okay, I just finished this book and had to come make an edit to my list! Trial By Fire starts off with Tristan who you think will be the instant boy favorite. Then you realize that you HATE him and quickly move on to the real favorite of the story, Rowan. And even then you just aren't sure in the beginning. There's so much chaos you don't get to know him right away. As his story unfolds, you LOVE him. He's layered and pretty much perfect. 







I guess I just don't fawn over book bfs as much as I used to. Or maybe the right one just hasn't come along yet. Sometimes I think, "Damn you Draco Malfoy! It is your fault all my book crush energy is forever drained!" Don't forget to share your book boyfriends in the comments below, and have an amazing Christmas!

1 comment:

  1. I love Four and Cas. I really want to read A Little Something Different. Looks so cute!

    Best Book Boyfriends of 2014

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a link to your blog in your comment and I will be sure to show you some blog love as well!

Little Hyuts is an award free zone!
BIG thanks to everyone who has nominated and awarded me in the past, but I just don't have the time to pass them on to other deserving bloggers.